24 Nov IT Support for Schools
What you need to know when hiring an IT support company for your school.
Every School Needs IT Support
School IT support is essential for running a school. Without IT support, it would be impossible to run a school as we know it today. It is the backbone of the school’s daily operations and without it, the school would be unable to function.
School IT Support – What is it?
IT support is the support for the IT systems that are installed and maintained within a school’s walls. It is often provided by the school’s own IT staff, but in many cases it is outsourced to a third party. When the support is outsourced, the school is still responsible for the IT systems, but they are managed by the outside party.
School IT support includes:
- Basic computer troubleshooting.
- General maintenance and upgrades to the network.
- Installing new software or hardware.
- Network management.
- Troubleshooting network issues.
School IT support does not include:
- Creating applications for specific needs.
- Customizing software for specific needs.
- Designing network security systems.
- Designing and implementing network upgrades.
Who provides school IT support?
The school itself may provide the IT support, or the school may contract out the IT support to a third party. There are both advantages and disadvantages to each situation. When your technology acts up, you need someone like TNSC who will be there to get things straightened out. When you need product training or expert assistance, they are here to help. When your school is ready to upgrade to the latest and greatest technology, we’re there to help you find the best solution.
What should I look for in an IT support company?
It is important that the IT service provider is able to offer you a high level of customer service and support. Here are some questions to ask your potential IT service provider:
- Is the service provider able to provide onsite support?
- What is the response time?
- How long does it take to resolve an issue?
- Can the service provider provide 24/7 support?
- How is the service provider able to keep my equipment up to date?
- How does the service provider handle my data backups?
- What kind of security support am I getting?
- Does the IT service provider offer backup?
- Does the IT service provider offer support for mobile technology?
- What training and other services does the IT service provider offer?
- What kind of guarantees does the IT service provider provide?
With the information above you should be well equipped to hire an IT support company for your school.